Sunday, February 4, 2007

Can I handle Mittens?


So next, I decided to try my hand at a pair of mittens. Terrifying thought...

I found a basic pattern, which I think had to be sewn together, but I can't remember. I made them in the blue to match the first scarf. Couple of little mistakes reading the pattern, but I got them done. I repeated the mistake on the second mitten, to make sure they matched and was SO proud of myself. I even did an I-cord to connect them, so they wouldn't be lost. (For a kiddo, remember?) Well, the first time we wore them out, for some reason, the coats, hats, etc. were taken off and put into the shopping cart at Target. And when we left, I guess I put some items on the kids and put others in the bags, to free up my hands. I didn't see the mittens when we got home, but figured they were in the bags. And I didn't look in the bags for a couple of days (why, I have NO idea.) so I didn't realize that they weren't in there. :( I guess they were left at the store or dropped in the parking lot or something. I can't tell you how sad I was. They never did show up, and it still bugs me a little bit. The precious blue mittens were only worn for one day. So, here you see only the scarf. Keep in mind that these scarves are all at least a year old, and have been worn and washed a bunch. So if they're a little raggedy, that's why.

No comments: