Friday, March 14, 2008

I Challenge You to a Duel

Duelling laptops?

I was on my computer, and I left the room. I come back and see this:

Laptops 3-08

That's Spencer's little Elmo Laptop toy, set up right next to mine in the dining room. What a funny guy...

So everyone can rest assured that my laptop is now all set and functioning properly--virus free. Granted, Brian had to painstakingly backup everything on it. Which, when your systems are functioning at a snail's pace, is pretty irritating. Or so I've been told. And then he had to wipe the whole slate clean and reformat the whole deal. From there, we had to find all the software I use/need and re-install everything, ya-da, ya-da, ya-da. I have to say, Bri did a great job, and I pretty much have all the stuff I started with. Except, of course, the virus(es) and my email contacts. Yup. Not bad. I have all my old emails themselves, just not the contacts. So if you read the blog and we usually email and I haven't contacted you in a while--it's kind of not my fault, o.k.? Send me an email so I have your addy...

So back onto knitty business!

The Jacobean Socks for the SKP2008 are finished (have been for a while, actually). I love them, and I am dying to get my hands on more DIC yarn.

Socks,DreamInColor,JacobeanSocks,SKP2008

One thing I meant to share last post and forgot--I made a kind of big boo-boo. (Off topic: Have you ever had one of those days when everything you write looks weird? I'm finding I keep backspacing, believing that things aren't looking "right", and I'm not happy until I throw a hyphen in there. Odd, huh?) Anyhow, I read the charts backwards. Didn't matter so much for the middle section, but on the two outside charts, I read them left to right by mistake. And yeah, it does say clearly on the pattern to read them the other way, but apparently I sometimes read words and don't really bother to notice what they, in fact, mean.

Socks,DreamInColor,JacobeanSocks,SKP2008

See what I mean? It's not really a big deal as far as function, but I felt silly, none the less.

My TVyarn sock club package arrived today, and I can't wait to tell you all about it. I will wait a day or two, though, so I don't spoil it for anyone who hasn't received theirs. Oh, it is SO yummy, and I'm really diggin' the colors. Jana rocks!

Oh, and I wanted to mention something to everyone. You all know I do the Making Strides walk in Boston each fall to raise money to fight breast cancer. Cayli is doing the big 3-day walk (wow--go her, right?! I don't know if I have it in me. SIXTY miles in three days?!) and she's fundraising right now. Please check it out, and if you can, maybe help her out. It's such an important cause, and every little bit makes a difference. Oh, and did I mention that there's a contest, and some sweet prizes are involved?

3 comments:

Crafty Pancakes said...

Those are gorgeous socks! The green is fantastic...and it was so nice of you to help Cayli out! You 3-day walkers stick together :)

Anonymous said...

LOVE the socks. And I'm glad to hear your laptop is back on track!

Jen said...

Love the socks! And I am also jealous at how quickly you finished them...I am only halfway through the second repeat! Need to get crackin' I guess! Don't you love the DIC??? It's yummy!