It's Cayli's own hand spun, and boy, was it gorgeous. Beautiful "Clouds" colorway in a Rambouillet/Mohair/Angora blend. It is a 2 ply worsted weight and there is 156 yards. Make that was 156 yards.
My pictures aren't really capturing the essence of the colors, but it's sort of a pale grey with some bluish undertones and lots of darker and lighter changes. So gorgeous. And soft, very nice.
I wasn't sure what to do with it, but I wanted to use every last bit. This is my first ever hand spun, and I
Sadly, that is the very best one. Guess I need a re-shoot. Trust me, the yarn is amazing and the scarf looks really nice. I think it will become a special Christmas present for a certain person, but I don't really want to say who it is yet.
Oh, and this yarn made me want to learn to spin. Something awful. I must hold out a bit longer...
So, having broken my losing streak, I won another prize recently, too. Crazy, right?! Jana had a contest for the Romantic Comedies Sock Club and I am a winner. Of what, I am not sure yet, but it will be coming shortly and I will post when I know more. Woohoo! We had to pick one of two movies for the next shipment, and describe the colors we would choose for said movie, and why. I chose Pretty Woman, and that ended up being the movie Jana went with. She did her own interpretation in addition to my idea, and it's more beautiful than I imagined. I haven't taken pictures yet, but I will soon.
All right, I'm off to enjoy some knitting and a movie with Brian.


3 comments:
OH Boy! You know how knitting is well spinning is just as bad!
Come on You know you want to ; )
Congrats on the prizea nd you made a lovely scarf with it already!
Pretty, pretty yarn. And ditto what qutecowgirl says about the spinning...
Post a Comment